Quality Management Policy
Central to the business culture of the company is our commitment to customer satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction is fundamental to what we stand for and aim to achieve because the success of our business is directly dependent on our ability to meet and consistently exceed our clients’ expectations and requirements.
We will realise this through an ongoing commitment to provide service to our clients, and by developing and implementing management systems that are open to continual improvement and consistent with our business objectives.
We will strive for efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery, building and maintaining strong business relationships with our clients.
We will take responsibility for communicating the importance of quality management and increasing employees’ awareness and involvement as part of their professional development.
We will provide access to this policy statement to interested external parties via the Ontoit website.
We will utilise structured approaches based on local and international management system standards to provide a systematic approach to service delivery.
For the purpose of our quality management, we shall adopt the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016 as a means of delivering the following system goals:
- Excellence in service delivery
- Client retention
- System and process management and improvement
Ontoit requires its management; employees and sub-consultants to participate, contribute and accept responsibility for achieving the intent of this quality management policy.
Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
Central to the business culture of the company is our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, workers and visitors. Also ensuring that our activities are not harmful to the environment and the community. We will be a leader in our industry and will satisfy legislative requirements in all areas of health, safety and environment.
Our commitment will be achieved by:
- Complying with all applicable laws, regulations and statutory obligations.
- Ensure that our health, safety and environmental objectives and targets are established based on previous performance and reviewed annually.
- Continually improve the health, safety and environment system to enhance performance.
- Making sure employees have adequate facilities, equipment, information, instruction, training and supervision to work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Ensuring all employees, workers and clients endorse our policies and procedures.
- Ensuring consistent safety practices across work sites.
- Eliminating or controlling hazards and risks.
- Ensuring all incidents and near misses are fully investigated and corrective actions taken to prevent recurrence.
- Provide an effective system of rehabilitation and return to work for injured employees.
- Taking disciplinary action when people disregard health and safety procedures and practices.
All employees are required to:
- Adhere to all ontoit and client companies’ health, safety and environment policies, practices and instructions.
- Immediately report any unsafe work practices, equipment or conditions to their manager.
- Not misuse, damage, refuse to use or interfere with anything provided for health and safety.
- Perform all work duties in a manner that promotes health and safety for everyone.
- Complete a safety induction prior to attending a work site. The induction record is to be filed within the company filing system.
- Complete a risk assessment of each site including the tasks required to reduce the likelihood of incidents/accidents. The risk assessment is to be filed within the company filing system.
- Identify and wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) for the various sites (e.g. hard hat, vests, safety boots, etc).
- Identify and attend any safety training required for a particular role (e.g. rail track training).
- Immediately report any incidents resulting in injury or having the potential to result in injury to their manager.
- Treat people in a fair and reasonable manner, and not act in a manner that could be considered as sexual harassment, discrimination, racial or religion vilification or bullying.